UPDATE, AUGUST 2021: WMGSO received a record number of audition signups, leading us to close enrollment on Tuesday, August 31 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern, with the following exceptions: cellos, choir, and concert percussion. You may still signup past August 31, but your audition will be deferred to next season unless we need an emergency alternate. This does not impact those of you whose auditions are scheduled but have not yet taken place.
Do you sing or play an instrument? Are you at least 18 years old? Join WMGSO!
The Washington Metropolitan Gamer Symphony Orchestra is always open to membership requests. Please read through our membership facts below and submit your information via the recruitment form at the bottom of this page if you'd like to auditon.
- Rehearsals are held on most Monday evenings in Rockville, Md.
- Rehearsal times are typically 7:30 - 9:30 p.m., though may shift occasionally for sectionals.
- Membership fees are $25 per concert season. Financial assistance is available.
- WMGSO performs annual spring and fall concert series, with additional opportunities for full ensemble and small ensemble performances throughout the year.
Our Audition Process
Once you sign up, our Ensemble Manager will contact you to schedule an audition. At your audition you will:
- Play through passages (provided in advance) for the Music Director, Section Leader and Ensemble Manager.
- Sit in during a regular rehearsal and perform with the ensemble as though you were a member. This is your chance to test your fit with the orchestra, both to see if you're a good fit for us and us for you.
Following your audition, we will notify you of the outcome by email. If WMGSO does not have openings for your primary instrument, then you may be asked to audition on one of your secondary instruments. We also have a need for alternates. We will gladly notify you as openings become available.
Do you want to submit a musical arrangement?
Membership in WMGSO is not a prerequisite to submit an arrangement. Musical leadership evaluates pieces to add to WMGSO's repertoire on a continual basis. Please see our Arranger Submission Guielines page for addtional information.